I have decided to post my policy for comments and trackbacks.
1. All comments and TrackBacks that link to commercial enterprises will be deleted or edited. If you wish to purchase ad space, please inquire. The purpose of this site is not to offer free advertisement.
2. Comments or TrackBacks that have nothing to do with the subject of the post will be deleted or edited, as will those that seem to be (in my opinion) attempts to drive traffic to your site rather than participate in the discussion. (If you are contributing in a meaningful way to the discussion, the traffic will come.)
3. TrackBacks that do not reflect a link to this site will be deleted.
4. Of course, any comments that are unduly harsh or divisive, or use offensive language will be deleted or edited. I have a rather tough skin myself, but I will not tolerate harsh rhetoric against my readers or commenters.
5. Any comments that lead to sites that are, in my judgment, offensive or wicked will be deleted.
6. Any comments with non-working email addresses will be deleted.
In short, I value and want to promote meaningful discussion within the Church and outside of it. I hope this site will serve that end. I also wish to promote meaningful discussion where it exists at other sites. However, I reserve the right to determine how that is best carried out at my site.